Sunday, April 7, 2013

lovingly handmade


with my first quilt almost finished, i wanted to have some labels ready to sew onto it once i was done. i know they aren't necessary but i think they are really cute! instead of ordering some off of etsy with a design i'm not in love with, i decided to make my own. i bought some muslin from hobby lobby and used stamps to make my own design.





i got these stamps at michaels for only $1 and they are adorable. a giraffe, a zebra and an elephant wearing party hats? sold. the hot air balloon stamp and the letter stamps are from hobby lobby.




i can't decide if i want to add anything else to them. it'd be cool to add the year the quilt was finished, or my name in case these were ever given to family members or friends. we'll see! it took awhile to stamp every word but once i got in the zone, it was fine. i like the messy, full of mistakes look. it's my way of dealing with my inability to do things perfectly and that way i stay sane.

the next step is to cut them out and then i will use some of my embroidery thread to attach them to the bottom right hand corner of the quilt once it is finished. i'm excited - i can't wait to see what they look like on the quilt!

0 comments:

Post a Comment